Paneer tikka masala is a famous Indian dish. This dish is served in various famous restaurants in India and the continental side. Paneer tikka is mostly served with marinated paneer and cheese on top. Follow this simple paneer tikka recipe to prepare this delightful dish.
Paneer tikka masala is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka masala. Let’s see what ingredients we’ll need.
Ingredients for Simple Paneer Tikka Recipe:
- 500 Grams Paneer (Cottage Cheese) cut in cubes
- 1 Onion, cut into cubes
- 1 Capsicum, cut into cubes
- 1 Tomato deseeded & cut into cubes
- For Marinade
- 3 Tablespoon Hung Curd
- 2 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Saunf Powder (Fennel)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 2 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera )
- Lemon Juice – 1 Teaspoon
- 2 Lemon Sliced for garnish
Directions to Make Paneer Tikka Masala:
- Take a bowl, add all the ingredients paneer(Cottage Cheese), Onion, Capsicum, Tomato. Mix and marinade create a smooth mixture.
- Now add paneer, capsicum tomato, and onion to the mixture.
- Mix well so that the marinade coats them nicely.
- Keep the marinated paneer and veggies in the freezer for a least 2 hours.
- Take out marinated paneer and veggies from the freezer and bring them to room temperature.
- Skew the onion, capsicum, tomato and paneer, and so on. Decorate accordingly.
- Preheat the skew in the oven to 350°F (180°C) for 3 mins.
- Put the skewers in a tray.
- Take a pan, brush a little oil onto the paneer and veggies. Fry it for 20 – 25 minutes at 180°C.
- Every 10 minutes turn around the skewers and brush a little oil on the paneer and veggies, so they cook evenly on both sides.
- Once they turn a little brownish, turn off the oven.
- Now place the paneer tikka masala on a plate and decorate it with chopped rounded onion and lemon slices.
Serve hot with chutney as your flavor!