Egg curry is a delicious option as a side dish. This wildly popular egg curry recipe dish is very popular in dhabas and restaurants around many areas of India. let’s make this traditional restaurant-style egg curry recipe at home.
Egg curry is popular for its unique taste and rich flavor. In India, egg curry is made in various ways. Let’s see how to make egg curry in Indian style. For this preparation let’s see what ingredients we’ll need.
Ingredients for Chettinad Egg Curry:
- 6 boiled eggs
To Make Chettinad Masala (Masala Paste):
- 3 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 5 dry red chilies
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 5 tablespoon(around 50 grams) fresh coconut, grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 10-15 Curry leaves
- 2 small (100 grams) onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 5 tablespoon tomato purée (readymade)
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1/4 teaspoons a pinch of turmeric powder
- 1.5 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoon oil
Directions to Make Egg Curry:
- To make the Chettinad Masala (Masala Paste), heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Once the pan is slightly hot, add the cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds.
- Now stir and fry on low flame for 30 secs.
- Add red chilies and black peppercorns, mix and stir-fry for 30 secs at low flame.
- Next, add grated coconut fry and mix on low flame for 4-5 mins until light brown.
- Transfer onto a plate and leave it to cool completely.
- Next, to make a paste, pour it into a grinder. Blend and grind it to powder.
- Now add 5-6 tablespoons of water and mix it into a smooth paste.
- Add chopped onions and slit green chilies.
- Boil and shell the eggs.
- For the sauce, use readymade tomato purée sauce. If not possible, then you can make it at home. Mix 2 medium-sized red tomatoes in a blender and use that alternately. There will be a difference in the taste & color of the gravy.
Steps to make egg curry Indian style:
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a kadhai or pan.
- Next, add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Stir and add the boiled & shelled eggs, fry on low heat for about 2-3 minutes until golden. Transfer and keep on a plate.
- Now, in the same kadhai/pan, add the mustard seeds and when it splutters, add the cumin seeds, stir and add the curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onions stir and fry on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato purée sauce, a pinch of turmeric powder, Kashmiri Chilli Powder & salt.
- Mix and fry on medium on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add masala paste fry and mix on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes until oil separates.
- Add water(250ml) and cook for around 2 minutes till oil separates.
- Next, add fried eggs and stir. Cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid. Garnish with some coriander leaves & serve hot with rice.
Let us know in the comment section how easy the recipe helped you !!
Also, Follow these Delicious Chicken Recipes:
Spicy Mixed Rice with Chicken Biryani Recipe
Healthy Tandoori Chicken Recipe at Home
How to Make Chicken Patties at Home
Homemade Chicken Lollipop Recipe
How to make Chicken Manchurian
Lemon Chicken Recipe