Butter cake is delicious and yet is very simple to make. This butter cake recipe is quite simple to make and even if you’re a beginner, you can make this with no hassle. Today we’re going to make this homemade butter cake recipe without eggs.
This butter cake recipe is a soft and classic vanilla butter cake that melts in your mouth. You can fill it with creamy milk custard cream, or have it simply as it is for breakfast or tea break as a dessert.
Ingredients for Homemade Butter Cake Recipe :
- 75 g (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 170 g (1/2 cup+1 tbsp) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 15 g (2 teaspoons) powdered sugar
- 160 g (1+1/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 g (1 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- Salt for taste
- 140 ml (1/2 cup+1 teaspoons) whole milk
For Milk Filling:
- 300 ml (1+1/4 cup) whole milk
- 50 g (4 teaspoons) caster sugar
- 40 g (5 teaspoons) cornstarch
- 14 g (1 teaspoon) unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
Directions to Make Butter Cake Recipe Without Egg:
- In a large bowl add butter, vanilla, sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar, and mix with an electric mixer at high speed for roughly 5 minutes or till thick and creamy.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt in the mix and mix for few seconds. Keep in mind that don’t overmix!
- Next, add some hot boiling milk. Be careful to add it at one time when still very hot.
- Mix just till blended and don’t overmix.
- Take an oil greased pan and place the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven (upper and lower heat) at 175-345°C for 30 minutes or till a toothpick comes out dry and clear.
- Next, remove the cake from the oven, cool down for about 15 minutes.
Milk Filling The Cake:
- Take a saucepan, add sugar, cornstarch, and mix well.
- Next, add milk little by a little while mixing.
- Now boil the mixture in low-medium heat and stir frequently.
- Let it boil for about 1 or 2 minutes and stir often till the mixture is very thick.
- Remove from the oven, add butter and vanilla, and mix well.
- Transfer into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and press it on the cream.
- Next, let it cool down at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Now, cut the cake in half, you will get two layers.
- Brush the back of the cake with whole milk.
- Whisk the Milk Filling to get it smooth. When it cools down, it will become very hard.
- Now spread the milk filling over the bottom of the cake.
- Next, brush with whole milk on the top of the cake and put it on top.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap.
- Place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes (or less if your Milk Filling was very firm) to set.
- Garnish with some fresh fruits like strawberries. Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar!
You must pour the milk when the cake is still very hot in the cake mixture. Everyone will love this traditional easy homemade butter cake!
Also, Follow these Delicious Chocolate & Cakes Recipes:
Easy Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Best Homemade Chocolate Cake Recipe
Potato Pancakes Recipe with Cheese
Gulab Jamun Cake Recipe at Home
How to make Oreo Cake at Home