The tandoori chicken recipe is most popular among the foodie. The famous tandoori chicken got its name from the tandoor oven made with clay. For this recipe you don’t need a tandoor oven to make tandoori chicken at home, you can cook it on a grill. Let’s learn how to make this restaurant-style healthy tandoori chicken recipe at home.
For this preparation, we need to properly marinate the chicken. If you don’t have a tandoor oven that’s completely ok, you can use a girl to fry.
Let’s see what ingredients we’ll need to make tandoori chicken at home.
Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken:
- 4 Chicken Whole legs (approx 750 grams)
- 1.5 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 6 tablespoon Hung Curd
- 5 tablespoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Mace (Javitri) powder (Optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 tablespoon Roasted & powdered Kasuri Methi (dried Fenugreek leaves)
- Salt- pinch
- Red Food Colour (optional)- pinch
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 4-5 tablespoons Butter or Oil for basting
Directions to Make Tandoori Chicken:
- Clean and dry the whole Chicken Legs.
- Next, cut deep slashes on the chicken legs, 3 on the thigh portion, and 2 on the legs.
- Add around 300 gm of curd or plain yogurt in a strainer placed in a bowl, let the water drain completely. This hung curd-making process should take around 1 hr.
- Take the whole legs in a bowl and add all the ingredients for the marination, mix it well.
- Make sure that the marinade is rubbed inside the slashes made earlier.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in the freezer for an hour.
- Take a different bowl and add all the ingredients as shown.
- Whisk it well to make a uniform and even marinade.
- Add both marinated chicken legs in a single bowl and marinade mix it well.
- Make sure the marinade covers the chicken evenly inside the slashes made earlier.
- Now cover the bowl and keep it in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven/OTG to 250°c.
- Add the marinated chicken legs on a metal rack.
- Next, Slide in the rack/tray in the top slot of the oven.
- Roast for 10 mins at 250°c.
- After 10 mins flip the chicken.
- Roast for another 10 mins at 250°c on the other side.
- Flip the chicken legs and grease with melted butter.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 200°c.
- Roast for added 20 mins at 200°c.
- Flip the chicken legs every 10 mins and continue cooking with melted butter.
- Turn off the oven and remove the tray when the sides of the chicken legs are slightly burnt.
Keep aside for at least 5 minutes at room temperature before serving. Serve with naan roti or raita as an appetizer.
Also, Follow these Delicious Chicken Recipes:
Spicy Mixed Rice with Chicken Biryani Recipe
How to Make Chicken Patties at Home
Homemade Chicken Lollipop Recipe
How to make Chicken Manchurian
Lemon Chicken Recipe