Chingri Malai Curry is also known as Prawn Malai curry it is a Bengali dish that is made with Prawn, coconut milk and then flavored with spices. This popular dish chingri malai curry is served throughout Bengal on any occasion. You may serve this dish with hot rice.
Let’s see what ingredients we’ll need to make this popular Chingri Malai Curry Bengali dish.
Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry:
- 2 Sticks Whole Cinnamon
- 2 pieces Dried Red Chili
- 4 – 5 Five Pieces Green Cardamom
- 3 Pieces Whole Cloves
- 1 piece bay leaf
- Coconut Milk Of ½ Coconut
- 1 Large Size Onion Paste
- 4 Pieces Green chili Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- Garam Masala Powder
- ½ Teaspoon cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Salt ( As Per Required )
- Mustard Oil
Directions to Make Easy Chingri Malai Curry:
- Add the prawns to a bowl and mix in the turmeric and salt properly. Set aside while you get the curry prepared.
- In a blender add the onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies, and grated coconut.
- Add a sprinkle of water and mix to a soft thick paste. Set the paste aside for now.
- At first, separate the pawn head and also remove the backbone vein of the prawn.
- After washing the prawns, add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder,1 teaspoon salt and marinate them properly.
- Take small bamboo skewers and insert them into the prawn from the middle of it horizontally.
- Now take a metal pan, add ½ cup mustard oil. Next, add marinated prawns to the heated pan.
- Fry lightly and fry each prawn properly on both sides (don’t fry those prawns for too long). After frying keep the prawn aside on a plate for now.
- Add some oil to a pan, fry 2 dry red chili,1 bay leaf 4 – 5 pieces whole green cardamom, 3 pieces of the whole clove.
- After that add 1 teaspoon garlic paste,1 teaspoon ginger paste, add a little bit of water, and stir and mix well. Add 1 teaspoon sugar and salt (as required) mix well.
- Add green chili paste and onion paste mix them well. Next, add cumin powder also add ½ teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder(optional).
- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and stir it well. Let it dry for a minute.
- After that, You’ll see some oil starts to separate from it. Pour the coconut milk into the salsa(gravy) and mix it well.
- Cover the pan with a lid for 3 – 5 minutes. Cook it on a high flame.
- Now add that prawns in the gravy and cover it for approx 3 minutes.
- Lift the lid and add 1 teaspoon garam masala, again cover the pan with a lid until the gravy is dry.
- Now remove it from the pan serve it on a dish.
Spread some coriander leaves over the dish. Now your Chingri Malai Curry dish is ready to serve with hot rice.